Bug_Mech

Bug_Mech

Monday, June 8, 2015

Louder Than a Bomb

Louder Than a Bomb

A big question I tend to ask myself is am I ready.Today we watched a short slam poem in class from a young poet in a documentary known as "Louder Than A Bomb" In this clip a young man slams about breath and taking one. The skit to me is all about staying calm because it doesnt matter you can die right here and now but is it better to die freaked out, or taking a deep relieving breath. Now if I had a nickel for every time I felt overwhelmed by this quarter and the coming ones in class, I could probably pay off my student loans.

Do I think I am ready, one would think after 3 years of this I would feel as confident working on this as I did on helicoptors for four years in the military. That is not the case. To be honest I don't think I am ready at all considering I have not finished all of my graduation projects that are needed. I feel completely overwhelmed by no sleep, anxiety, pain, and my genuine fear of failure because I am not good enough because in all reality at an entry level I am not good enough. 

However is it a bad thing that I feel this way. I do not think so, personally just as many artists here at this school think I will never be good enough to get to the level I want, because that level is unobtainable just as Da Vinci said a painting is never finished it is only abandoned. So no it is not a bad thing that I feel as though I am not ready or not good enough because that will make me strive more. The only thing I worry about is a heart attack at 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment